Adam R. Duggan is known as a strategic and successful litigator. He has defended companies against expansive government investigations and prosecutions. He has defended numerous Fortune 500 companies in tort litigation pending across the United States. He has successfully prosecuted lawsuits on behalf of individuals and businesses, recovering millions of dollars in damages. He has litigated in state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels. In addition to his courtroom experience, he has spent considerable time coordinating and preparing numerous field-leading experts for deposition and trial.
This litigation experience allows Adam to counsel clients on the best methods of avoiding and defending lawsuits. He has also advised businesses on a wide-range of matters, including: federal regulatory compliance, employment practices, insurance coverage, and risk avoidance.
His practice focuses on government investigations, white collar criminal matters, and complex civil litigation.
Adam graduated from the University of Tennessee College of Law (magna cum laude) where he served as the President of the Federalist Society and received numerous academic awards for outstanding achievement. Adam received his undergraduate degree (summa cum laude) from Maryville College.
- Represented corporation in regulatory compliance investigation by various United States agencies.
- Served as lead counsel for multi-state business in obtaining a temporary restraining order regarding mineral rights.
- Represented class members in one of the largest class actions in Alabama history, resulting in overturning of excessive attorneys' fee award in the Alabama Supreme Court.
- Served as part of lead trial team for Fortune 500 company in a pharmaceutical injury case with multi-million dollar demand that ended with a successful settlement on the eve of trial.
- Defended business in restrictive covenant dispute, resulting in denial of requested temporary restraining order and dismissal of all claims.
Areas of Practice
- Government Investigations
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- Complex Civil Litigation
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Maryville College, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Honors: summa cum laude
Honors and Awards
- President Federalist Society
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Knoxville Bar Association, Member