A. Grace Van Dyke
Grace James represents individuals and institutions in criminal and civil matters focusing on white collar criminal defense, regulatory enforcement, complex civil litigation, and international disputes. Grace has represented clients in connection with false advertising, Lanham Act, Copyright Act, Tennessee Consumer Protection Act, and patent infringement litigation, including a substantial number of expedited and emergency proceedings. She has experience in matters involving violations of U.S. economic sanctions, economic espionage, theft of trade secrets, and allegations of fraud. She has also managed international trademark portfolios and facilitated a variety of transactions for her clients.
Prior to joining Breeding Henry Baysan PC, Grace was a litigation associate at large regional litigation firm and a boutique intellectual property firm. She has comprehensive knowledge of the litigation process, managing numerous cases at every stage. Grace has also practiced at the appellate level in both state and federal court and has presented oral argument before the Tennessee Court of Appeals.
Grace graduated from Emory University School of Law where she was a Senior Staff Member on the Journal of Law and Religion. She earned her B.S. in Communication and Information at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville.
• Individual defendant-appellee in breach of contract case resulting in affirmation of favorable trial court judgment.
• Individual plaintiff-appellee in malpractice case resulting in affirmation of favorable trial court judgment.
• Global corporation in false advertising case during preliminary injunction and appellate proceedings.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Deposition Skills Certified, National Institute for Trial Advocacy
- Tennessee, 2017
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 2017
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2017
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- Juris Doctor - 2016
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Bachelor of Science - 2013
- Major: Communication and Information
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Knoxville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association