Bradley L. Henry
Bradley L. Henry is a leading white collar and federal criminal defense attorney with extensive experience handling complex criminal matters in state and federal trial and appellate courts throughout the country, including in the United States Supreme Court. Brad’s practice includes the representation of executives and other individuals in connection with a variety of federal and state offenses, including computer fraud and abuse, tax fraud, mail fraud, wire fraud, honest services fraud, money laundering, export violations, environmental crimes, bribery of government officials and theft of trade secrets. In addition to his white collar practice, Brad also represents individuals charged with narcotics offenses, robbery, firearm offenses and a multitude of other federal and state crimes.
Brad has served as the lead attorney in numerous federal jury trials. He represented a former administrator of a nationally ranked Ivy League university in charges relating to wire fraud. Two of three counts were dismissed. Brad also represented a former prison guard in a trial for bribery and drug offenses. The jury acquitted on the substantive drug offense. Most recently, Brad was successful in having the United States Supreme Court grant certiorari and reverse his client’s sentence for pharmacy robbery and related firearm offenses. Approximately 1 percent of all Supreme Court appeals are granted certiorari each year.
Mr. Henry has tried a number of other federal criminal cases and briefed and argued numerous appeals before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth and Sixth Circuits. He has also represented multiple individuals in investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commission, Department of Justice (Cybercrime Division, Environmental Protection Division, Public Corruption Division), Postal Inspector, Department of Homeland Security, Internal Revenue Service and various other federal agencies.
Brad is a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Association of Federal Defense Attorneys. He presents on various topics related to white collar and federal criminal cases. Brad is also a current CJA panel attorney in the Southern District of New York and a former CJA panel attorney for the Eastern District of Tennessee, Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals and Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- An individual in a prosecution for pharmacy robbery and related offenses; U.S. Supreme Court granted certiorari, vacated judgment and remanded for further proceedings.
- Individuals in a Securities and Exchange Commission investigation into allegations of illegal trades.
- An individual in prosecution for bribery of an FBI special agent for the sale of classified government documents.
- A foreign national in a prosecution for violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act for the creation and distribution of malicious software.
- An HR manager in a prosecution for embezzlement.
- A real estate executive in a prosecution for wire fraud.
- A health care executive in a Department of Health and Human Services investigation into fraudulent accounting activity.
- An executive of a national motorcycle club in a prosecution for RICO violations.
- A medical device engineer in a prosecution for theft of trade secrets.
- A bank employee in a prosecution for bank fraud; charges dismissed.
- An individual in prosecution for Medicare/Medicaid fraud.
- A CEO in a prosecution for mail fraud.
- An individual in the largest cash seizure ever in the southeastern United States.
- Former bank executive in a prosecution for tax evasion.
- An import/export company president in a prosecution for violations of the Arms Export Control Act.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Tennessee, 2006
- New York, 2012
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 2007
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2012
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2012
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2014
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, Florida
- Honors: Dean's List
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Major: Criminal Justice
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Criminal Justice Act Panel for the Southern District of New York
- Association of Federal Defense Attorneys, Member; Speaker
Pro Bono Activities
- Clemency Project, August 1, 2015 - Present
- Sigma Chi