Bradley L. Henry
Brad Henry was born in Maryville, Tennessee and lived in Birmingham, Alabama and Jacksonville, Florida before returning to Maryville. He graduated from Maryville High School, where he was invited to play football at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. While at UTC, Brad majored in Criminal Justice, was a 4 year letter winner in football, and was a member of the Sigma Chi Fraternity. While in college, Brad interned at the United States Probation Office for the Eastern District of Tennessee, Chattanooga Division.
During law school at Florida Coastal School of Law and the University of Tennessee College of Law, Brad was a member of the Student Bar Association legislative body and a Dean’s Scholar. While in law school, Brad worked as a law clerk for a large personal injury firm in Jacksonville and for a criminal defense practice in Maryville, Tennessee during the summer. Brad spent his last semester of law school as a visiting student at the University of Tennessee College of Law.
In his criminal defense practice Brad represents individuals at both the trial and appellate levels. His practice focuses on complex federal cases and includes state court matters in Knoxville and surrounding areas. Brad has represented individuals from all walks of life, including college students, nurses, and other professionals. Brad is a member of the Tennessee Bar Association, Knoxville Bar Association, and Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Brad has been appointed the Criminal Justice Act panel for the Eastern District of Tennessee (Knoxville, Greeneville and Chattanooga Divisions), as well as the Fourth, Sixth, and Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. He has briefed cases in the Tennessee Supreme Court and argued before the Tennessee Court of Appeals and Court of Criminal Appeals. Additionally, Mr. Henry has briefed and argued before the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati, Ohio and has briefed cases for the United States Supreme Court, Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, and Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Tennessee, 2006
- New York, 2012
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 2007
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2012
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2012
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2010
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, Florida
- Honors: Dean's List
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Major: Criminal Justice
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tennessee Bar Association, Legislative Body
- Knoxville Bar Association
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Criminal Justice Act Panel (Eastern District of Tennessee)
- Criminal Justice Act Panel for the Fourth, Sixth, and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeal
- Association of Federal Defense Attorneys, Member; Speaker
- Sigma Chi